Richland County Ohio is the home of many world class industries and there are reasons for that!
Richland County has been a center of industrial production and technical innovation for over a century. The area is home to one of America’s most productive electric furnace steel mills, and our metal fabrication and plastic component production companies supply U.S. and foreign automakers. For decades the county has been the worldwide center for pump production. Today, Richland County holds a significant position in the sensor and plastics industry, and we even have one of the leading developers of hydrogen fuel cells for power production. Many highly specialized manufacturers making pipeline valves and controllers for oil and gas transmission are located here.
The Gorman Rupp Company, Hyundai Ideal Electric, Emerson Process Controls, Newman Technologies, AK Steel and Jay Industries produce their products here for a reason.
What are the reasons?
- Workforce – highly skilled and motivated workers are available in Richland County. These workers have a legacy of productivity going back generations and they readily take advantage of continuous learning opportunities.
- Workforce Training - a coordinated, employer responsive system is in place to deliver skill training in a timely and cost effective manner. The Kehoe Center for Advanced Manufacturing is the fulcrum of industry training available on site or at the plant.
- Logistics – by air, rail, or highway, Richland County has the transportation system that takes full advantage of its strategic Midwest location.
- Mansfield Lahm Airport has demonstrated capability to handle large commercial and military aircraft; the 9,001 ft. x 150 ft. primary runway is augmented by a crosswind runway of 6,795 ft. x 150 ft. The 24 hour facility has full service Fixed Base Operator (FBO); and encompasses over 2,400 acres with immediate access to a number of adjoining industrial parks.
- Ashland Railway, our short line railroad, has direct interchange access to three major railroads: Norfolk Southern, CSX and Wheeling and Lake Erie. It has a state of the art railport and offers warehousing and trucking.
- Ground Transportation is exemplary as Richland County is at the crossroads of Interstate 71 (North/South) and State Route 30 (4 Lane, limited access East/West). These highways provide quick access to additional Interstates including I 80, I 76, I 75 and I 77.
- Incentives – Richland County is ready to do business with a full tool kit of local and state incentives including an industrial park with the potential for New Market Tax Credits
Richland County exemplifies the term “Trust Belt.” Good workforce, quality training, great incentives all situated in a beautiful, culturally rich community with highly effective education systems and affordable housing.